Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Grounds in the coffee throw off the whole day!

I woke up at 8 this morning feeling pretty good (I usually don't get up until 9ish).  So, I thought, what the heck, why not start the day before Danny wakes up.  I had Bible study at 9 and this gave me a chance to actually get there on time.  On Tuesday mornings, I always have my coffee and breakfast at church.  So, I get settled in and sit down to drink my mocha and it taste, well....less than delightful.  Therefore, I did not get my coffee.  That combined with waking up earlier made me very sleepy. 

After I left church, I went to my mother in law's house to drop off D so I could go to the gym.  I dawdled for a half hour or so and finally decided that if I didn't go lift today that I would not meet my goal of weight lifting twice and running three times.  So, I dragged my butt across the street to the gym and put in my time.  Some days I feel awesome after a workout, energized and whatnot.  Today I felt like I needed coffee!

Then there was work.  I am not fond of work.  When I worked at Ruggero's (Italian restaurant) I didn't like going to work, but at least all my friends were there with good food.  Where I am now just leaves me drained.  I am usually by  myself for hours and am expected to push the suggestive selling on everyone who walks through the door, or even past it, it seems!  I am just not a sales women.  I am nice, pleasant and a hard worker, but I like to save money and don't like pushing things that people don't want or need.  I cannot wait until the day I can say good bye.  Phil, my husband, has told me that I can quit at any time, but I would feel guilty right now.  I like my manager and that would leave her in a real bad position to be another man down.  So, I will wait until at least after Easter.  My plan is to just keep working a little bit until we get Blake and then make being a mom to both him and Danny my full time job.  I know it won't be easy, but at least it will be something I'm passionate about and want to improve on.  So, for now, I will let my three followers get back to their, undoubtedly, more interesting lives and I will go to bed so I can get up and go back to work in the morning where there is a chance the vice president of the company may show up.  I really, really, really hope not...

No comments:

Post a Comment