Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The First of Many

So, here's to blogging!  I am a mom of a beautiful, very active almost 2 year old.  I started running the summer before I got pregnant.  I let it go for awhile, but trained for The Crim 10 Mile run in Flint last year.  My time was slow (average of a 13 min. mile) but I finished it running! 

Now it is time for a new season of training.  With the weather turning I can't wait to get outside.  I feel as if I am going into this year smarter than last.  I have been weight training and recently added in interval training and I am down to a comfortable 11:30 min. mile and falling.

I have also been on Weight Watchers since the beginning of the year.  I just wanted to take off the 10 lbs. of baby weight I was still carrying, but I have shed those and am 9 lbs. away from my goal weight.  Really hoping to hit that by summer!


Today was so beautiful, I took the opportunity to go to the zoo with my son, Danny and my mother in law, Brenda.  There were six chimps out and D loved watching the "monkeys."  He also really liked chasing the butterflies in the butterfly house.  Then, after dinner, Phil, my husband, took D out to play and had the genius idea to walk to the ice cream store.  Therefore, I logged about 4.5 miles walking today.  Not a run, but some good exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment