Sunday, March 27, 2011

You ate HOW many pieces of cake?!?

Not even going to tell you how many pieces of creamy, melty, snickers blizzard ice cream cake I had.  Every piece was totally delicious though.  I failed miserably with the weight watchers plan yesterday at Danny's 2nd birthday party.  I ate so much junk I paid for it later.  I slept terrible, waking up with a head ache, hot flashes and racing heart beat more than once through out the night.  Yes, body, I understand, waaaay too much sugar!  It was good to have a pig out day, though.  If for nothing else to remind me how important it is to eat healthy for not just my overall health, but for my day to day energy level and comfort. 

On that note, I did run 3.1 miles tonight to try and off set some of the damage.  It felt good to be out there again.  I only got in a couple workouts last week with my crazy work schedule and getting ready for D's party.  Back on track now.  There is a 5k in town that I would really like to run in a few weeks and I know I will get a PR even if I just maitenance run at this point.  I do wish the weather would warm up though.  I'm really sick of this 30 degrees crap.  I didn't wear any gloves tonight because it looked so nice out with the sunshine and all, but I was wrong.

Moving on with life, our home study for our foster care license was finished last week and we are hoping it will be sent out to Lansing this up coming week.  If all goes well, we could be visiting with Blake by the end of June!  We're very excited about this, it's been a very long time coming (about 15 months now because of some stupid people in the system).  We just pray that, for once, things may move quickly because there is a little boy out their who's been waiting a very long time for a family.  So, if you think about it, keep that situation in your prayers.  We need all the support we can get!

Goals for this week:

Stick to my weight watchers points
Run at least three times
Weight lift twice.
Also, I have been working on patience, so be more patient!

2 comments:

  1. Somehow I thought I had been following you, but I wasn't. I was wondering why you weren't updating your blog haha.

    Props to you for adopting. I hope everything goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to get out there for your run. Sometime you just have to eat cake

    ReplyDelete