Monday, March 21, 2011

Well, at least I ran a little.

I ran today, I didn't want to, but I did.  I had no time, but I decided to bust out 20 min. anyway.  To maximize this time, I set the goal of keeping my average mile under 11 min.  I succeeded by 10 sec.  Good enough for me.  Tomorrow, it's back to the gym for some lifting.  It may be the only actual time at the gym I get in this week.

Danny let me sleep in until 9 this morning.  Actually, he didn't wake up until closer to ten.  This all due to the fact that he had a nightmare of something last night that kept him up until almost 11.  Poor little guy.  So, we had a late morning.  I sat and made a list of all the things I need to get done this week before Danny's 2nd birthday party on Saturday.  It will be the first time we've had this many people over (around 30, which we don't really have room for, but we'll make it work) and the first time a lot of them will see the house.  This all on top of working everyday until Friday.  Ugh.  Work.

Some lady at work today totally unloaded on me about having Lupus and how her family doesn't believe her .  Then she told me how she's cutting them out of her will.  On top of that, she told me how her dad used to beat her and how the school discovered it  and that she was sent to a safe house.  Weird.  Maybe she just needed someone to talk to.  That was fine by me.  I was left alone in the store for 4 1/2 hours with very few customers.  SO BORING!

On a good note, my husband and I have been working on adopting an 11 year old boy out of the foster care system.  After 16 months of dealing with stupid people in the stupid system, we finally found someone who cares enough to do their job correctly and we now have all our paperwork to send to Lansing.  Hopefully, in the next 4-6 weeks we will be licensed for foster care and able to see our future son again.

No comments:

Post a Comment