Saturday, March 19, 2011

Ahhh, life! Quit chasing me, I forgot to eat!

It's been a crazy few days.  I haven't ran since Thursday and it went something like this:
My Body:  I hate you, why didn't you feed me?  No energy here.
Me:  Shut up, use the energy you've been saving around the hips!
My Body:  No, we're like this (crosses fingers)
Me:  I don't care, find some new friends and, oh yeah, RUN!
My Body: grumble, grumble, grumble.

See what I have to put up with?  It was a pretty pathetic run though.  Lesson learned, I need fuel for my runs and coffee doesn't count. 

The reason it has been crazy is because I went into work the other day and one of my co-workers got fired.  So, now I've gone from my comfortable 10-15 hour weeks to 25-30.  Not happy.  This is supposed to be just a small side job (my real job being a mom).  All I can say is that my boss better get the new girl trained fast because they don't pay me enough to be their slave.  Although, I guess that statement doesn't really make sense since the whole point of being a slave is that you don't get paid at all.  On that note, I suppose I'll add a link about really slavery going on today.  My pastor gave a great sermon last week about human trafficking and such.  Therefore, become aware and make a difference!  http://www.free2work.org/

My son will be two on Wed.  I can't believe he went from being a 32 week preemie at 2lbs 11oz, to a stubborn 2 year old who tells me "no" on a daily basis.  He is the love of my life though.  I could not have asked for a better child.  As far as two year olds go in the behaving category, Danny scores about a 7 out of 10.  I'll take it!  We are throwing him a crazy hat party, cheap and fun, that's our motto!  I just hope I can find enough time this week to get everything ready.  Lots of cleaning to do for people to come and make it dirty again!  Circle of life I guess.  Hopefully, I can find time for a work out or two also.  Alas, we will just have to wait and see...

No comments:

Post a Comment