Monday, May 21, 2012

Clothes Line

Today, as I do every Monday, I started the laundry.  On this hot, humid day in May, I was dreading turning on the dryer.  So, I decided I wasn't going to.  I took the first load of laundry outside and proceeded to hang things all over my fence and the swing set.  If only there was some invention where I could maybe hang them all in a line.  Possibly there would even be some sort of mechanism to hold them in the air so the wind and sun could do the same job my dryer does for free.  Oh wait, I think I remember something my great grandma once had.  What was is called?  A clothes line and clothes pins!  Those are still a thing, right?

My husband came home and informed me that we actually have a clothes line in the garage.  So, I hopped on my bike and bought a bag of clothes pins, put them in my bike basket and happily rode home.  I hung my second load then took a walk while my three year old practiced his bike riding skills.

It is this kind of old school thinking that I really think needs to come back, at least in my life.  Sure, it may take up more time, but for a gal who is always looking for a way to burn more calories and get a free tan, hanging clothes on a clothes line is really more beneficial than just getting my clothes dried for free.  I'm starting to realize as I branch out with making my own cleaning, body and food products that, not only am I saving money, but I am enriching my mind and my body while capturing a simpler time.  I'm finding the more I do, the less I watch tv and a lot of my bored eating has subsided.  This is probably because I am no longer bored.  This week I hope to make deoderant and toothpaste as well.  Stay tuned for more on my hippie transformation!

No comments:

Post a Comment